Wednesday 16 May 2012

It started with a BANG!

'It started with a BANG!'
Those were the words I opened the first show in my year at uni with, proceeding to detail at a rapid pace, the entire history of the universe.
It ended with an ocean of tears, exhausted, spent, and cathartic.

I've been drifting on that ocean all year.
First the current dragged me into the first ever Flare Festival, serving, for me, as a half-way house between the course and the 'real world'. It was intense and inspiring and utterly intoxicating both being on the team running it as well as bringing my theatre company Little White Dress to perform at it. Flare is going strong and we are currently working up to 'The Flare Weekender', a mini-festival of sorts in a few weeks time.

Little White Dress drifted out to sea, floating between festivals and performing wherever we could.
We've now found an island where we can stare up at the stars all night and are slowly but surely building a new show.

I've also been building my bridges from that island and am currently rehearsing 'Promised Land' with the rather amazing Red Ladder theatre company, which we'll be performing at the Ludus Festival in Leeds at the end of June.

I really miss the sheer amount of writing about the theatre I was doing at Uni, and so rather than just writing dribs and drabbles on various scraps of paper and in the margins of scripts I decided to create...

THE ACTRESS IN THE ATTIC
(Because I'm a girl-shaped human what performs stuff, and due to a severe lack of finances I'm living in my parents attic. Again.)



No comments:

Post a Comment